Mongolian Beef Over Lettuce
- 1 pkg. (5.29 oz.) Dynasty Saifun Bean Threads
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Dynasty Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dynasty Szechwan Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound, boneless, lean tender beef, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 green onions & tops, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 can (8 oz.) Dynasty Whole Water Chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 4 cups (packed) shredded iceberg lettuce
Soften 1 bundle saifun as package directs. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain well. Coarsely chop and set aside. Save remaining saifun for use another time. Dissolve bouillon in 1/2 cup boiling water. Add 1/2 cup cold water. Mix in cornstarch, hoisin, chili and soy sauces; stir until cornstarch dissolves. Heat large frying pan, preferably nonstick over high heat. Add 1-1/2 teaspoons oil; coat inside of pan. Add half the beef. Stir-fry 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from pan. Repeat cooking procedure with remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons oil and beef. Return all beef to pan. Mix in green onions & tops, water chestnuts, saifun and chili sauce mixture. Cook and stir 2 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat. Line serving plate with lettuce. Spoon beef mixture over lettuce. Toss at table as desired.
Makes 4 servings, 1 cup lettuce and about 1-1/6 cups stir-fry each.
Per serving: 296 calories, 27 g protein, 10.5 g fat, 19 g carbohydrate, 730 mg sodium, 79 mg cholesterol.