- 3 medium bell peppers (2 green and 1 red)
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8 oz.) Dynasty Sliced Water Chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup cooked and cooled Nishiki or Botan Rice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Dynasty Plum Sauce
- 1 tsp Kikkoman soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 slices of Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 350??FCut tops off peppers and discard, remove seeds. Cut in half and set aside.In a mixing bowl, combine beef, water chestnuts, tomato paste, rice, garlic, plum sauce, soy sauce and egg. Mix everything well. Place 6 pepper halves in a 13x 9x2 inch baking dish. Scoop ?? cup of beef mixture into each pepper. Cover and bake for 45-60 minutes until meat is fully cooked. Top each pepper with a slice of Swiss cheese and bake for additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 6 servings.
Per serving: 167calories, 16g protein, 3g fat, 18g carbohydrate, 466.5mg sodium, 62mg cholesterol.